[Ncep.hmon] Harvey secondary eyewall

Jili Dong - NOAA Affiliate jili.dong at noaa.gov
Fri Aug 25 19:00:28 UTC 2017

Just curious if radial wind from any ground-based radar goes into the model?

Several coastal radars have coverage for the storm since last night
(espically KBRO and KPRC). It could provide good cross-beam wind coverage
to analyze the change of storm wind structure during secondary eyewall
formation, either for assimilation or verification.

Jili

On Aug 25, 2017, at 11:20 AM, Bin Liu - NOAA Affiliate <bin.liu at noaa.gov>