[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TSB Morning Rounds - Thu Sep 07, 2017

TSB Admin nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Thu Sep 7 13:18:17 UTC 2017

--- Mello

1. NCF has a contingency plan to ensure AWIPS2 data if our satellite feeds
gets interrupted. We need to open an NCF ticket of our AWIPS2 D2D
radar/surface observations data flow goes down.

2. Due to the issue during the day shift with the "Issued by WPC" line in
the PRETCM bulletin, all of the Wind grids from 00-72 hours were fragmented
to 3 hourly, but, the 6 hour time steps (00-06, 06-12, etc) had the same
background winds with only the TCMs showing movement. This was due to
backup testing.
HSU:
1. Storm Surge fixed the bed edit areas for coastal NC. Mello exported the
files up to the central server.

2. TSB will continue 24/7 onsite support for HSU/TAFB. Matt Sardi will be
working the night shift.
Other items:
1. NCO will switch our satellite feed to all terrestrial.
2. NFC will also set up a terrestrial NOAA port feed to get data in the
event we lose our satellite dish.
3. Mike Brennan left out some of the safe passage memo and placed them on
the tables in the middle of the HSU and TAFB ops areas if anyone needs one.
It would also be a good idea to bring/wear your CAC Card/ID badge while in
transit to or at the facility during the storm.
4. TAFB notes a there was an odor of fuel. Mello will tell Jan.

NHC RFCs:
No RFCs until after the storm threats passes .