[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] [READ]: Questions we Need Answers To or Updates

Pablo Santos pablo.santos at noaa.gov
Mon Oct 2 19:53:17 UTC 2017

All:

I like to know how long ago did we know about this? We basically blew
away a lot of money for equipment we had plans for and this overall is a
form of mismanagement. Given there is no carry over this is all money
that is now lost.

Could did have been prevented? These were submitted months ago. I am
sorry to ask but it begs the question.

Pablo

On 10/2/17 3:50 PM, Mark DeMaria - NOAA Federal wrote:
> [...]
>             5. Supplemental SSD drives to hold research databases
>             ($14K STI funding)
>             6. Blade servers (CP funding)
>
>             Of those 6 items, it sounds like we have (1), (3) and (6),
>             but (2), (4) and maybe (5) never got processed. Does that
>             sound correct to you?
>
>             Thanks,
>
>             Mark
>

>             On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 2:16 PM, Pablo Santos
>             <pablo.santos at noaa.gov <mailto:pablo.santos at noaa.gov>> wrote:
>
>                 Oh WOW that sets up back. Was there a reason why that
>                 was rejected?
>
>                 I run this by Mark.
>
>                 Pablo
>

>                 On 10/2/17 12:58 PM, doug fenderson - NOAA Federal wrote:
>>                 Pablo,
>>
>>                 It would appear the NOAA Link rejected the Linux
>>                 workstation buy. If you wish we can do it again this
>>                 year.  We found the 12 workstation purchase, but no
>>                 15.  The shelves with disk arrived already.  However,
>>                 there was an additional SSD drives ($14K) were not
>>                 part of that purchase.  We are tracking down what
>>                 happened there.
>>
>>                 On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 12:30 PM, Pablo Santos
>>                 <pablo.santos at noaa.gov
>>                 <mailto:pablo.santos at noaa.gov>> wrote:
>>
>>                     Thanks Frances, looking forward to it.
>>
>>                     Pablo
>>

>>                     On 9/29/17 8:43 AM, Frances Yang - NOAA Federal
>>                     wrote:
>>>                     Hi Pablo,
>>>
>>>                     I'm so sorry. I spoke to few people and also our
>>>                     budget team and we did some digging. The person
>>>                     who has the most knowledge Doris is not in the
>>>                     office this week. ASA she's back to the office
>>>                     next week I'll try to get the information from
>>>                     her.  I should have the information by Tuesday
>>>                     next week.
>>>
>>>                     Thanks,
>>>                     Frances
>>>
>>>                     On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 8:16 AM, Pablo Santos -
>>>                     NOAA Federal <pablo.santos at noaa.gov
>>>                     <mailto:pablo.santos at noaa.gov>> wrote:
>>>
>>>                         Doug:
>>>
>>>                         No one has gotten back to me on this.
>>>
>>>                         Pablo
>>>
>>>                         On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 9:56 AM, doug
>>>                         fenderson - NOAA Federal
>>>                         <doug.fenderson at noaa.gov
>>>                         <mailto:doug.fenderson at noaa.gov>> wrote:
>>>
>>>                             Pablo,
>>>
>>>                             As mentioned on Monday Frances will
>>>                             investigate this and get back to you.
>>>                             Frances is added to the email. She will
>>>                             also be looking into the higher end
>>>                             workstation.
>>>
>>>                             One of the NetApp purchases had arrived
>>>                             the other day and the additional drive
>>>                             should be arriving soon.
>>>
>>>                             I reported to Mark yesterday about the
>>>                             chassis and the need for Steve Deputy’s
>>>                             group to configure the networking
>>>                             portion before shipping the chassis. I
>>>                             do mot currently have an estimated
>>>                             delivery date uet.
>>>
>>>                             Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse any
>>>                             brevity and poor grammar.
>>>
>>>                             Doug Fenderson
>>>                             Infrastructure and Web Services Branch Chief

(c) 954-559-4965