[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] [READ]: Questions we Need Answers To or Updates

doug fenderson - NOAA Federal doug.fenderson at noaa.gov
Mon Oct 2 16:58:01 UTC 2017

Pablo,

It would appear the NOAA Link rejected the Linux workstation buy.  If you
wish we can do it again this year.  We found the 12 workstation purchase,
but no 15.  The shelves with disk arrived already.  However, there was an
additional SSD drives ($14K) were not part of that purchase.  We are
tracking down what happened there.

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 12:30 PM, Pablo Santos <pablo.santos at noaa.gov> wrote:

> Thanks Frances, looking forward to it.
>
> Pablo
>
> On 9/29/17 8:43 AM, Frances Yang - NOAA Federal wrote:
>
> Hi Pablo,
>
> I'm so sorry.  I spoke to few people and also our budget team and we did
> some digging.  The person who has the most knowledge Doris is not in the
> office this week.  ASA she's back to the office next week I'll try to get
> the information from her.  I should have the information by Tuesday next
> week.
>
> Thanks,
> Frances
>
> On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 8:16 AM, Pablo Santos - NOAA Federal <
> pablo.santos at noaa.gov> wrote:
>
>> Doug:
>>
>> No one has gotten back to me on this.
>>
>> Pablo
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 9:56 AM, doug fenderson - NOAA Federal <
>> doug.fenderson at noaa.gov> wrote:
>>
>>> Pablo,
>>>
>>> As mentioned on Monday Frances will investigate this and get back to
>>> you. Frances is added to the email. She will also be looking into the
>>> higher end workstation.
>>>
>>> One of the NetApp purchases had arrived the other day and the additional
>>> drive should be arriving soon.
>>>
>>> I reported to Mark yesterday about the chassis and the need for Steve
>>> Deputy’s group to configure the networking portion before shipping the
>>> chassis. I do mot currently have an estimated delivery date uet.
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse any brevity and poor grammar.
>>>
>>> Doug Fenderson
>>> Infrastructure and Web Services Branch Chief
>>> DOC/NOAA/NWS/NCEP Central OPS
>>> Office: (301) 683-3901
>>> Cell: (301) 310-6291

Respectfully,