[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TSB Morning Rounds - Wed May 31, 2017
nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Wed May 31 12:25:20 UTC 2017
Here is today's summary of NHC computer operations:
--- Craig Mattocks
1. The Marine group under the Chat Collaboration is not available. It
appears that a change in servers was made on the 27th per ADMNCF message
issued that day, and the Marine group wasn't included with this new change
of servers. Only WPC is able to private chat TAFB as of now. A red banner
appears across the GFE screen stating "unable to join marine group." TSB
2. The security camera display monitor in TAFB and WFO MFL is not showing
all of the cameras (only 3 3/4 out of 10). Lead Forecaster Jeff Lewitsky
has submitted a NCO Help Desk ticket.
3. Miscellaneous issues: TAFB Situational Awareness PC fan making constant
loud noise for quite a while now. Lead Forecaster Jeff Lewitsky has
submitted a NCO Help Desk ticket.
1. The Joint Typhoon Warning Center (JTWC) has had network issues today and
received no ATCF updates for invest storm 91-E. Mike Brennan provided ATCF
decks for 91-E via e-mail after the 00z update.
2. N-AWIPS continues to occasionally not show the "Accept" button to
display various products, an artifact of the upgrade to RHEL 6.
3. ATCF issues: The SHIPS-ECMWF did not run properly for EP912017 yesterday
at 1200 UTC, but 1200 UTC data was available by 1800 UTC.
4. P-Surge test simulations will be submitted at 1500 UTC each day on May
31, June 1, June 2, and June 5 for national TCV and storm surge
watch/warning collaboration testing.
1. NESDIS STAR Maintenance Work (SDM log):
At 10:00 EDT (1600Z) today, STAR IT is going to replace the 1/10G Ethernet
switches in the DMZ with new 10/40G switches. We expect the down-time to
last at most two hours. Much like when NWS/NCEP upgraded their core routers
a few weeks ago, this will halt access to all of STAR's external systems:
JCSDA, CoastWatch (Data only),
CoralReefWatch & NCC websites will also be down
(hosted on www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov)
Incoming data reception hosts will also be unavailable during
GRAVITE - SNPP data ingest will need to be be paused.
EUMETCast - sentinel-3 data ingest host will be unavailable.
METEOSAT-8 data ingest host will be unavailable.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts