[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] ....nwps...Re: TSB Morning Rounds - Wed May 17, 2017

Christopher Mello - NOAA Federal christopher.mello at noaa.gov
Wed May 17 15:38:36 UTC 2017

All,
 Obviously, Re-ingesting the the nwps for the Atlantic multiple times
did not solve the problem. Chris Juckins mentioned they are also
seeing model drop outs on the ntbn also. So far TAFB is only reporting
 missing hours for the Atlantic nwps.
   The only difference with the nwps model data is the fact all the
hours are crammed into one large file.

   I wrote a script that breaks the large nwps grib2 files into hourly
chunks...it worked this morning. It takes the latest version of the
the nwps, converts it to a gempak  file and then breaks the data into smaller
grib2 files that are sent into AWIPS2 GFE. These files should have a
much smaller chance of getting dropped out. And since each hour is
independent, it is much less likely to lose an entire run.

/data/fxa/LOCAL/nwps/data/latest/breakup_atlantic.csh

I will add it to the nwps menu.

Chris