[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TAFB Shift Log -- Technical Edition -- Wed May 17, 2017

TAFB Shift Log nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Wed May 17 09:42:13 UTC 2017

TAFB Shift Log for Wed May 17 2017 05:42:10 GMT-0400 (EDT)

Shift: Mid-Shift

Pacific Forecaster: A Levine

Atlantic Forecaster: J Lewitsky

Surface Analyst: M Tichacek

Technical Issues Summary:

GFE/NCP issues: 00z Atlantic / NH2 NWPS failed to come in yet again (that
makes 4 out of the last 5 nightshifts when it has failed despite Chris'
changes on Monday). I ran the reingest script from the TAFB Local
Applications AWIPS menu after waiting a while and there was no effect.
After that, I even attempted to run the reingestnwps.csh script from the
command line which appeared to complete but the data still did not come
into GFE. Thus, I only had 12 hours worth of output for my morning package.
The good news, only one more nightshift left to roll the dice again and see
what happens. I did ANOTHER 00z run and after waiting another hour ALL of
the data from the next run came in OK. I did a 06z run and the data only
came into GFE through 102 hours, then the automated reingest brought the
rest of the data in within a couple of minutes.

N-AWIPS issues:

Other issues:

Miscellaneous issues: