[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TSB Morning Rounds - Fri May 12, 2017
nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Fri May 12 14:36:22 UTC 2017
Here is today's summary of NHC computer operations:
1. One of the security cameras on the WFO Miami and TAFB display monitors
is out/not displaying. NCO Help Desk ticket submitted by TSB.
1. ATCF issues: Regarding the inclusion of genesis wording in the public
advisory (TCP) text template, the software was designed to do this whenever
a storm is designated as a Potential Tropical Cyclone (PTC) or the storm
type at tau = 3 hours in the *.fst (OFCL forecast) file is either "DB"
or "LO" (the latter occurred when the final advisory was issued on Adrian).
Senior Hurricane Specialist Mike Brennan will confer with HSU Chief James
Franklin to decide whether to amend this logic in the software.
Paraphrased from the SDM's log:
1. Test P-Surge Run: At 1508Z yesterday, NHC's Monica Bozeman stopped by
the SDM's desk to relay that NHC had started a test P-Surge run. The job
failed due to a datachk (input/configuration check) error, as it had in the
past. She instructed the SDM to restart the simulation, which ran
successfully to completion.
2. Two minutes later, a datachk failure occured when a Hurricane Surge
On-Demand Forecast System (HSOFS) run was started. Again, restarting the
job solved the problem. Both independent model runs reported the same
error, so the SDM assumed that the problem is related to something in the
1. RFC #231 - sat2ps.pl v. 1.5.0 - Turn off automatic printing of visible
and shortwave IR imagery when Dvorak classifications are made by TAFB. To
be implemented on Monday, May 15 at 12Z (8 am EDT).
2. RFC #232 - Add GFS ensemble spread and average files to the parsing
tables on NHC's DBNet servers so they can be downloaded and processed
locally to streamline the reconnaissance aircraft targeting program. To be
implemented on Monday, May 15 at 15Z (11 am EDT).
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts