[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TSB Morning Rounds - Wed Mar 29, 2017

TSB Admin nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Wed Mar 29 13:06:28 UTC 2017

--- Mark

Paul Obe from NCO arrived this morning to assist with the conversion of
RHEL6. Today we will concentrate on cumulus and the situational awareness
systems. Evelyn successfully completed the surface analysis at the HSU
backup desk yesterday on RHEL6 NAWIPS, so we have that as an option while
we are working on the TAFB operational systems on Thu and Fri. The standing
desk and TAFB backup desks will be done last so there will always be
systems available to continue operations.

There was one formatting issue on the web version of a map when Evelyn used
that system for the surface analysis. Matt Sardi will look into that today.
HSU:
The hurricane hotline problem is still being investigated by AT&T.

All of HSU's NAWIPS workstations are back up except sawfish. Once that is
fixed, TSB will coordinate on the final configurations with 8- and 16-bit
monitors. Only the lower monitor of the two-monitor workstations can be
8-bit since the upgrade.

TAFB may still need to use the HSU backup desk over the next few days.
Other items:
The GFS has been downloading slower than usual since NCO modified the
network settings last week. Following a request by NHC yesterday, NCO
looked into the problem further, and there was a lingering issue with one
of the settings. NCO is putting in an accelerated RFC to get that fixed.
TSB will monitor the GFS download time once NCO makes the change.