[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TSB Morning Rounds - Mon Mar 27, 2017

TSB Admin nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Mon Mar 27 17:55:44 UTC 2017

--- Mark

The hurricane hotline is still having problems with a loud hum coming from
the system. AT&T is still working on the open ticket.

The GFS has come in late for the past few days. Mark will check with NCO to
see if this is related to recent network changes. Examination of our
bandwidth shows that our line is not close to being saturated.

Other items:
There are still issues with NAWIPS workstations due to the upgrade to
RHEL6. NCO assigned Kevin Miller to work with the local NCO staff and TSB
and we came up with what appears to be a stable configuration. That will be
installed on the 6 HSU workstations and the cumulus workstation in TAFB. We
will monitor those over the next day or two to make sure the configuration
is stable. If so, we will finish out the operational TAFB workstations
later in the week. This configuration does not address the slowness of
reloading imagery or the slider bar issue, but we will continue to work on
those once we get the RHEL6 upgrade completed.