[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TSB Morning Rounds - Mon Mar 20, 2017
nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Mon Mar 20 15:41:44 UTC 2017
Here is today's summary of NHC computer operations:
1. TSB and NCO are continuing to upgrade the N-AWIPS systems to the RHEL 6
operating system. The Sheephead backup workstation can be used at the
Surface Analyst desk during this upgrade process.
2. The Cumulus workstation is down due to a failure of its CD-ROM drive.
NCO Linux Sysadmin Brian Maher reports that it will be replaced within 24
3. The Himawari imagery is available again in N-AWIPS. TAFB forecasters are
encouraged to mention problems in their shift logs or let Monica Bozeman
know directly if anything looks weird to assist TSB in monitoring this data.
4. Doug Gaer and the NCEP/EMC Wave Modeling Group are increasing the size
of the NWPS grid domains to match the RWPS grid domains so more precise
performance comparisons can be conducted between the two systems. AWIPS II
Sysadmin Chris Mello will coordinate with TAFB later this week to get the
new domains into GFE.
5. Windows Sysadmin Kim Gordon has removed the situational awareness system
to address an intermittent fan problem (loud noise). She is setting up a
backup system for TAFB that should be ready by COB today.
1. AWIPS II Sysadmin Chris Mello will begin replacing the AWIPS printers
and upgrading ten AWIPS monitors in HSU and in the Fish Bowl tomorrow,
Tuesday, March 21.
2. The Jason-2 spacecraft entered safe mode on Wednesday, March 15th due to
a single-event glitch in Gyrometer 1, immediately interrupting its
measurements. Full mission recovery should not be expected before Thursday,
1. RFC #221 - dbn_send_daemon v1.3.0 - Add a subroutine to check for KML
files in the "kml" directory. The Alert Type will be set to "DATA" and the
Alert Name will be set to "NHC_KML". This uses the same methodology as
existing file types. KML files contain storm surge watches/warnings. The
files are sent to NCO. Implemented on Monday, March 20 at 1200Z (8 am EDT).
2. RFC #3033 - Make routing changes for NHC to add Virtual Routing and
Forwarding (VRF) capability so the WFO-MIA and NHC networks may be
combined. To be implemented on Wednesday, March 22 at 1300Z (9 am EDT).
3. RFC #3070 - Modified the parsing table on the production WCOSS to send
Para data from the PSURGE model to NHC's DBN1/2 systems and DBN1awips
system for testing purposes. This is being done in preparation for the
PSURGE model upgrade in early April. Implemented on Thursday, March 16 at
1730Z (1:30 pm EDT).
4. RFC #3020 - IBM will make a change to the 'access.conf' file on all
access/login nodes on WCOSS to allow a new ATCF server (atcfsvr3) at NHC to
access WCOSS, so NHC may run their guidance suite from that new server. To
be implemented on the production WCOSS machine on Monday, March 20 at 1730Z
(1:30 pm EDT).
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts