[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TSB Morning Rounds - Mon Mar 06, 2017

TSB Admin nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Mon Mar 6 17:18:36 UTC 2017

--- Mello

TAFB reported Atlantic nwps outages over the weekend. The 6Z run for both
the Pacific and Atlantic nwps were in GFE when I got in this morning. The
00Z run was still missing.

UPDATE: TSB noticed the ingest script on the px2 had an issue. Mello
previously added a line of code to manually run the ifpInit to insure the
data got ingested. We use to have random, missing runs in the past. The
script was pointing to the old init files from before 17.1. TSB updated the
code.

2. Experimental rwps not getting ingested into gfe.. A) There was an issue
with the domain spacing for the Atlantic that I fixed. B) The timing of the
output was inconsistent. I updated the cron entries to reflect the more
numerous runs. I am testing, but both morning runs ingested into GFE this
morning.

3. More on the missing inits after I investigate some more.

4. TSB traced the data ingest problem over the weekend to the parmInfo.txt
file. A change was made Wednesday at the request of Storm Surge developers
at Raytheon to remove an old entry for the Low Res P surge data. AOL can
not explain why the requested change caused a problem. We are still
investigating.

Storm Surge developers requested we do a 45 minute patch this week. We will
work with TAFB Tuesday to see if we can squeeze in a time.