[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] HSU Shift Log -- Technical Edition -- Wed Jun 21, 2017

HSU Shift Log nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Thu Jun 22 02:59:58 UTC 2017

HSU Shift Log for Wed Jun 21 2017 22:59:51 GMT-0400 (EDT)

Shift: R

Forecaster: R Berg

Technical Issues Summary:

ATCF issues:

N-AWIPS issues: Product generation won't open/NMAP window crashes when
trying to click product generation on the Pacific N-AWIPS workstation
(Sawfish). Cannot create the watch/warning graphic on that workstation.

AWIPS-2/NCP issues: MAJOR issues with construction of the national TCV at 5
pm and 8 pm. First, at 5 pm, GFE was giving errors when we tried to
run "Storm Info" and would not let us proceed. We closed GFE and restarted,
but then the WFO's grids did not reappear. We closed GFE and restarted a
second time, and the grids then appeared. After running the formatter, the
TCV included a TS Warning for Texas and New Mexico zones from El Paso's
(EPZ) area. We transmitted the product without realizing the erroneous
inclusion. Matt/Mike/Shannon fixed the hazard grids, we reran the
formatter, and resent the TCV to cancel the erroneous zones. The same issue
happened again for the 8 pm intermediate TCV. We DID NOT transmit at that
point, Stacey called NCF (who would elevate it to their programmers), and
Shannon again removed the erroneous grids. We reran the formatter and
transmitted a correct version. At 11 pm, had the same issue with the
error/warning when we hit run "Storm Info" (the tool wouldn't run). Logged
out and in again, the grids took awhile to reload, but it seemed to fix the
issue.

Other Techincal issues:

Miscellaneous issues: