[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TSB Morning Rounds - Tue Jun 20, 2017

TSB Admin nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Tue Jun 20 14:24:54 UTC 2017

--- Mark

The early WSP run did show up at 0900 UTC, but has worked at other times.
This might be due to the time the pre-TCM is submitted, which needs to be
on WCOSS by 45 min before advisory time.

There as been no Pacific/NH1 rWPS since 18z on 06/12 and no Atlantic/NH2
rWPS since 12z on 06/15. Craig will investigate to determine if this is due
to the expected outages due to the use of the WCOSS development system or
if there are additional problems.

TAFB had collaboration chat issues overnight: HGX and CRP cannot see our
chats but we can see theirs.

HSU:
Forecasters had to manually enter Isla Margarita (Venezuela) as a
geographical reference point in the 5 am advisory. Suggest adding a couple
of reference points in northern South America, such as that island, to the
ATCF. Craig will let us know whether this is an easy fix or if this will
need to wait until the next major ATCF upgrade.

There were a number of issues with submitting the new National TCV Monday
evening. These appear to be related to leftover table entries from storm
surge testing. With help from TSB, NCF and Shannon White, those were
cleaned out so we should be okay for the rest of AL03. The AWIPS developers
are looking closer to see if software changes are needed to prevent this in
the future. Matt Sardi and Chris Mello will need to do some clean up next
week for the other storm bins after AL03 is completed. Shannon will provide
instructions on how to do that.

Jack sent out National TCV after normal and intermediate advisories on PTC
#3 early Tuesday morning. After the intermediate advisory at 0600 UTC, the
WFOs at Slidell and lake Charles did not get their Hazards grids back until
0645 UTC, so the National TCV could not be sent out until then. This is a
significant issue, as the National TCV process could not be accomplished
until we were well into the advisory cycle and thus was a distraction. This
issue will be brought up with AFS when AL03 is over.
Other items:
Internal psurge runs were initiated by SSU late on Monday. Monica worked
with SSU to provide instructions on how to run that. She is working on a
GUI that will make the submission simpler, but we have a workaround for now.