[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TSB Morning Rounds - Wed Jun 14, 2017

TSB Admin nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Wed Jun 14 16:45:12 UTC 2017

--- Matt Sardi

1. Danger script was sending old danger graphic with wrong date, time and
outdated Calvin information. Forecasters ran the application to fix the
labels (using default files from the Danger directory), then used the
legacy danger.launch script to send.

I investigated and determined that Gempak is throwing 'Cannot allocate
read/write colors' errors on the nhc-lx-comp01 server and failing to create
web images; for now, I have switched Danger graphic generation over to
nhc-lx-comp03 which is working. I will open an urgent NCO ticket on this.

2. Forecasters turned off the Situational Awareness CPU due to excessive
noise. It's loud enough to be a nuisance on shift and needs to be fixed.
TSB will open a new helpdesk ticket if necessary.
HSU:
1. SEAHORSE, the restricted-access web server that hosts the WFO
worksheet, 'hidden' model animated GIFs, etc., is currently down. NCO is
working on configuring a replacement by the end of the week.
Other items:
1. A representative from Harris will be visiting NHC tomorrow/Thursday
starting at 9 AM. Brian Maher and Mark DeMaria are the onsite POCs.
NHC RFCs:
None.