[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TSB Morning Rounds - Mon Jun 12, 2017
nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Mon Jun 12 16:27:51 UTC 2017
Here is today's summary of NHC computer operations:
--- Matt Sardi
1. Collaboration issues continue, specifically accessing marine chat room.
NCF TT #136919 re-opened.
2. Jeff Lewitsky spent ~7 hours configuring Atlantic and Pacific GFEs for
the mixed case implementation of the OFFs, NAVTEX and VOBRA on Friday.
3. CUMULUS and STARFISH experienced brief lock-ups over the weekend and had
to be rebooted. TSB will monitor the situation and open a new trouble
ticket if performance problems persist.
1. System clocks on atcf-spr and atcf-pac workstations were drifting from
time shown on other workstations. NCO helpdesk ticket was submitted,
problem has been fixed.
2. ATCF changed initial status of TD-03 at 18Z and 00Z from "TD" to "Low"
despite system being initialized as 30-kt as a TD. This does not appear to
have been a software issue, but TSB will monitor for future occurrences.
3. Issues with the running/retrieving the simple guidance (CLP5, TABS,
TABM, TABD) for 92E. Run time error received after multiple attempts to
send/retrieve guidance. GFSI, AEMI, CTCI, and various consensus aids showed
up but no simple track models and SHIPS. SDM noticed the guidance failure
and contacted NCO. Mike, Monica, and Mark were also contacted. The issues
is related to corrupted satellite files for the SHIPS model, Mark turned
off that portion of the SHIPS model input for now. TSB is continuing to
investigate the cause of the bad GOES area files.
1. GOES-16 will be put into continuous full disk mode (Mode 4) later this
evening for testing:
Expected Start Date/Time: June 12, 2017 UTC 2100
Expected End Date/Time: June 14, 2017 UTC 0200
Length of Event: 29 hrs
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts