[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TSB Morning Rounds - Wed Jul 19, 2017

Mark DeMaria - NOAA Federal mark.demaria at noaa.gov
Thu Jul 20 00:57:22 UTC 2017

Monica:

Thanks for looking in to this. I think there are multiple problems as you
summarized in your message.

First, our local GOES-W is not working and we should put in an NCO helpdesk
ticket for that in the morning as you mentioned. It might be fixed just by
starting and stopped the global imaging software.

Second, the problem with the connection to NESDIS might be due to a problem
there. Early this evening I checked the SAB TC-centered imagery on their
web page and that data was missing starting right at 18 UTC. I am nearly
certain that imagery comes from the same NESDIS servers that we get our
data from.

The various file system problems are harder to understand but might be a
result of hung processes on our satellite server. Pablo can coordinate a
reboot of sat01 with HSU, TAFB and NCO.

Mark