[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] HSU Shift Log -- Technical Edition -- Sat Jul 15, 2017

HSU Shift Log nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Sun Jul 16 02:56:52 UTC 2017

HSU Shift Log for Sat Jul 15 2017 22:56:46 GMT-0400 (EDT)

Shift: R

Forecaster: E Blake

Technical Issues Summary:

ATCF issues:

N-AWIPS issues: The microwave data that we get on NAWIPS has not been
working since 1800Z. It came back around 22Z.

AWIPS-2/NCP issues:

Other Techincal issues: More satellite issues. Data was out between 20-22Z
again, with GOES 15/13 suffering more than GOES 16. We could not reach
Monica tonight. Data is now flowing as of 2215Z, but since this is the
second night in a row that this has happened at nearly the same time,
something is likely afoot. We could at least see the GOES16 data in AWIPS2.
GOES-15 is out since 2230Z and it is now 00015Z. Dave Z says the disk is
filling up again and he does not understand why-- he has a band-aid fix to
the problem.

Miscellaneous issues: Quite a difference between the IR temps of GOES16 vs
15 tonight for Fernanda. Lots colder for G16-- bigger difference than
yesterday. Hard to explain. Jack printed the images for comparison.