[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TAFB Shift Log -- Technical Edition -- Thu Jan 19, 2017

TAFB Shift Log nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Thu Jan 19 10:43:49 UTC 2017

TAFB Shift Log for Thu Jan 19 2017 05:43:42 GMT-0500 (EST)

Shift: Mid-Shift

Pacific Forecaster: J Aguirre-Echevarria

Atlantic Forecaster: G Rubio

Surface Analyst: M Huffman

Technical Issues Summary:

GFE/NCP issues: A Raytheon high priority technical support person (Matt
Howard) called to check if TAFB was able to locate the Pacific offshores
waters in the formatter after some late attempts on their part were made.
After opening CAVE again, I still could not locate the Pacific offshores
formatter. Richard, a technical support person, also called. He will call
back in the morning. Matt Howard called several times to have TAFB run the
Atlantic GFE formatters to test if it was generating the text products.
After several attempts in doing this, it finally ran. Matt H. had to copy
in shape files from backup that were deleted, and re-create the zone edit
areas to make the formatter run. Also, while running the formatters on NH2
for the MIM and offshores waters forecasts (NT3 and NT4) the error
message "edit area not found" appears and the formatters doesn't run. The
MIM product couldn't be transmitted by any of the work stations. I suggest
to Gladys that call OPC and have them transmit the product. OPC was able to
send it out from their AWIPS. I explained to NCF (Rob) what was occurring
with running the formatters on the GFE NH1 and NH2 workstations, and that
the MIM could not be transmitted through the either AWIPS text editors. He
said that he will add these other issue to already opened ticket no.116039
and that he was going to contact Matt from Raytheon and update him on these
issues.

N-AWIPS issues:

Other issues:

Miscellaneous issues: