[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TSB Morning Rounds - Mon Feb 06, 2017

TSB Admin nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Mon Feb 6 13:38:11 UTC 2017

--- Mark

Chris Burr did not receive the January TAFB timliness report. Monica and
Matt with check on this.

The GFE EPAC OFF swell formater crashed over the weekend. Also, the GFE
Atlc wind grids for GFS and NOGAPS are the same. Chris Mello will
investigate.
HSU:
The tuna N-AWIPS workstation is back up under RHEL6 and 16 bit color.
However, the imagery needs to be reloaded whenever the enhancement table is
changed. NCO is working on a version that rolls back to 8 bit color, which
should solve that problem. We will test that as soon as it becomes
available.
Other items:
The new NetApp hardware has been by the back entrance for several months
while we were waiting for a place to be cleared in the computer room to set
that up. A spot is now available so Mark is working the NCO to get a date
for the installation, hopefully in the next few weeks.
NHC RFCs:
NHC RFC 217 to be implemented today to add NMAP tables for the Altika,
Cryosat and Jason-3 altimeter data.