[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] HSU Shift Log -- Technical Edition -- Thu Aug 24, 2017

Pablo Santos pablo.santos at noaa.gov
Thu Aug 24 10:07:18 UTC 2017

Everyone:

Marc continues to work on the phones. Yesterday Verizon did get back to
us and the issue of certain phones not receiving calls at all was fixed.

The remaining issue is to set up the forwarding option the way you guys
want it. THe problem is there is a risk of a down time to set  that up
properly which Marc needs Verizon's help to do. He could have done it
yesterday but he is awaiting a decision on a green light to proceed.

We have to weight the desire to have the forwarding working as we like
versus the risk of taking phones down to set that up properly. Mike and
I will work with Marc to make a decision on that. But there is a chance
we will have to wait until after Harvey is behind us.

Pablo

--

Dr. Pablo Santos
Acting Chief