[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TAFB Shift Log -- Technical Edition -- Mon Aug 21, 2017

TAFB Shift Log nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Mon Aug 21 17:31:26 UTC 2017

TAFB Shift Log for Mon Aug 21 2017 13:31:20 GMT-0400 (EDT)

Shift: Day Shift

Pacific Forecaster: M Tichacek

Atlantic Forecaster: J Lewitsky

Surface Analyst: M Huffman

Technical Issues Summary:

GFE/NCP issues: C Mello worked on getting the UKMET into GFE/D2D in
totality as previously we were not receiving all hours/timesteps.

N-AWIPS issues: Doug removed one of the two 1gig graphics cards from
sheephead and replaced the remaining one with a 2gig graphics card. We need
to test with SPFs to see if that is sufficient.

Other issues: Cable service was restored to WFO MFL and NHC around 1045am.
TAFB was able to display service on all but 2 TVs in TAFB ops. The upper
right TV will not display nor will the large TV on the E wall. The power to
the Comcast box was reset but a "connection error" appears which is a
different error than this weekend. When you attempt to change a channel it
goes to Univision on 462 and shows an error. PBS4 is the only station that
will display on both.

Miscellaneous issues: The 10z Experimental Pacific Offshores OFFPZ7 and
OFFPZ8 were not done/sent so there was a 12 hour gap between issuances. The
00z Pacific NWPS was run twice.