[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TSB Morning Rounds - Fri Aug 18, 2017
nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Fri Aug 18 14:19:56 UTC 2017
Here is today's summary of NHC computer operations:
AC Unit 3 in server room alarming showing failure temp 80F. TSB will
1) The ridges workstation would not allow Lixion to do the graphics on the
intermediate advisory. It kept crashing (exiting NMAP2 with a bad request
error). He ended up doing the product from the backup workstation. This is
probably related to the graphics card issues (see below), but TSB will keep
a watch on it.
2) The phone system was upgraded yesterday and the NCO ticket has been
1) GOES-16 will be placed in continuous full disk mode for testing August
19th (at 21Z) until the 21st (at 2Z), 2017 for approximately 29 hours. A
full disk image will be distributed every 5 minutes in this mode, and both
the CONUS and Meso sectors will not be available.
2) A GOES-16 solar eclipse monitoring scan will be performed on August
21st, from 1645-2000 UTC resulting in an outage for MESO-1. MESO-2 will
still be available during this time.
3) Joe Zajic will be updating the GOES-16 processing code Monday (8/21)
morning. The switch should be transparent, but there may be a minor outage
for a few minutes.
4) Monitor upgrade work on the operations floor continues.
5) NAWIPS Workstations Video Card Upgrades: NCO has upgraded the TAFB
Pacific satellite workstation so far, additional upgrades are in the works.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts