[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] UPDATED: TSB Morning Rounds - Mon Aug 07, 2017

Pablo Santos pablo.santos at noaa.gov
Mon Aug 7 11:53:22 UTC 2017

All: The following was added to HSU section this morning (forecasters
issues form/tab updated accordingly as well):

4. Phone number of the NWS NOC needs to be updated on in the SDM/phone
lists. It is 301-244-9650. Sheet says 224. May want to include the ER
ROC email on the sheet as well. Buoy 42057 reports every 10 minutes so
supplemental data providing peak 1-minute winds is now showing peak
during the ten minute period rather than hourly. Need to look at NDBC
website to see this. May need to adjust what is plotted in NAWIPS in
order to see the peak hourly 1-minute wind. Matt Onderlendi to look into
this.

5. Buoy 42056 is mislabeled near 42057 just south of Cozumel. This might
be an external issue. Matt Onderlendi to look into this.

6. Really need AWIPS2 to go through the satellite loops faster. With the
1-min meso data, the clouds don't really move enough even holding the
arrow down. Needs to go as fast as holding down the plus sign in NAWIPS.
Chris Mello to look into this.

--

Dr. Pablo Santos
Acting Chief