[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TSB Morning Rounds - Thu Apr 27, 2017
nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Thu Apr 27 15:36:54 UTC 2017
Here is today's summary of NHC computer operations:
--- Matt Sardi
1. Security Camera display in WFO MFL and TAFB were only showing half of
the security cameras. Craig Mattocks opened a helpdesk ticket, and NCO
1. Today is the last day of WFO storm surge testing, in which Mike Brennan
submits a test psurge run and the affected WFOs verify ingest. Testing has
been successful so far.
2. Matt Sardi discovered issues with the TILEFISH X server config file
(xorg.conf), which could potentially cause N-AWIPS performance degradation
similar to what TAFB experienced on BALLYHOO. A helpdesk ticket has been
1. Reminder, NCO is performing upgrades on the core Internet routers in
College Park, MD today. So far, effects from Round 1 this morning have been
minimal at NHC.
There will be a second period of potential impact from 1900 UTC (3pm ET) to
2015 UTC (4:15 pm ET). Outages during these 75 minutes are not anticipated,
but it is high risk work that they want users to be aware of.
2. NCO, Joe Zajic (HQ) and Monica Bozeman are still troubleshooting
multiple issues with GOES-16 data flow. Expect sporadic data outages
throughout the day for various channel numbers until this is fixed.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts