[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TSB Morning Rounds - Tue Apr 25, 2017
nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Tue Apr 25 15:20:48 UTC 2017
Here is today's summary of NHC computer operations:
--- Matt Sardi
1. CUMULUS (surface desk) has been performing better since NCO fixed a
configuration file (xorg.conf) typo on that box. We will leave the Helpdesk
ticket open until we are satisfied the system is stable.
2. TSB opened an 'Urgent' helpdesk ticket on TAFB Atlantic desk workstation
BALLYHOO, which continues to suffer serious performance degradation. NCO
fixed some configuration typos in the xorg.conf file, Scott Stripling will
test these changes this afternoon.
1. WFO storm surge testing Mon-Thu. Mike Brennan will submit a test psurge
run each day, and then the WFOs will make sure they can ingest it.
1. CARCAH, TSB, and NCO continue identify/fix issues on the scout2 RHEL6
2. Reminder, NCO will be performing upgrades on the core Internet routers
in College Park, MD on Wednesday, April 26, 2017.
The intermittent impacts during the 1015 UTC (6:15 am ET) to 1120 UTC (7:20
am ET) period will affect Remote NCEP Centers, including NHC:
· Loss of internet service
· Interruption to NCEP VPN access and WCOSS
· Delay of NCEP-hosted email services, such as listservs
There will be a second period of potential impact from 1900 UTC (3pm ET) to
2015 UTC (4:15 pm ET). The work during this 75 minutes should not result in
any outages, but it is a high risk period of work that they want users to
be aware of.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts