[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TAFB Shift Log -- Technical Edition -- Mon Apr 24, 2017

TAFB Shift Log nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Mon Apr 24 18:45:24 UTC 2017

TAFB Shift Log for Mon Apr 24 2017 14:45:18 GMT-0400 (EDT)

Shift: Day Shift

Pacific Forecaster: D Mundell

Atlantic Forecaster: S Stripling

Surface Analyst: C McElroy

Technical Issues Summary:

GFE/NCP issues:

N-AWIPS issues: Intermittent memory issues with Ballyhoo caused box to
freeze up for a few minutes several times in the morning, then it slowed to
a frozen snails pace around noon when I loaded my windwaves spf. I waited
for around 30 minutes and the spf was only half loaded so I did a hard
reboot. Ballyhoo must be repaired. I am not loading this box with more than
necessary spfs and I am slowing it down considerably every time I use it.
This cost me 60 minutes of work time today. This will not work when
tropical season commences. NCO worked on Cumulus today. Q shift will test.

Other issues:

Miscellaneous issues: