[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TSB Morning Rounds - Mon Apr 24, 2017

Matthew Sardi - NOAA Federal matthew.sardi at noaa.gov
Mon Apr 24 16:24:57 UTC 2017

UPDATE:

NCO will be performing upgrades on the core Internet routers in College
Park, MD on Wednesday, April 26, 2017.  Please be prepared for intermittent
Internet and NCEP network outages, and associated effects on systems
throughout the maintenance window.

        Start Date-Time: 4/26/2017 1015 UTC (6:15 am ET)
        Stop Date-Time: 4/26/2017 2015 UTC (4:15 pm ET)

The period of definite impact to users will be 1015 UTC (6:15 am ET) to
1120 UTC (7:20 am ET).  We do not expect a complete outage for the full 50
minutes, but rather intermittent outages of various services during this
window.

The intermittent impacts during the 1015 to 1120 UTC period will affect
Remote NCEP Centers, including NHC:

·         Loss of internet service

·         Interruption to NCEP VPN access and WCOSS

·         Delay of NCEP-hosted email services, such as listservs

There will be a second period of potential impact from 1900 UTC (3pm ET) to
2015 UTC (4:15 pm ET).  The work during this 75 minutes should not result
in any outages, but it is a high risk period of work that we want users to
be aware of.

Matthew Sardi
Meteorologist/Programmer
NHC/Technology & Science Branch