[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TSB Morning Rounds - Thu Apr 20, 2017
nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Thu Apr 20 14:30:25 UTC 2017
Here is today's summary of NHC computer operations:
1. Security camera display in MFL and TAFB now missing two cameras now. An
NCO Help Desk ticket will be submitted.
1. The GFS upgrade has been approved by the NCEP Director. Implementation
is now planned for July 2017.
2. The GFDL Hurricane model will be discontinued effective with the GFS
upgrade in July 2017. See the Service Change Notice (SCN) at:
3. NESDIS is doing navigation tests on the GOES-16 mesoscale windows.
Memory leaks have been discovered in the ISatSS processing code which is
causing the latency and data gaps in the GOES-16 feed noted by HSU and TAFB
4. GOES-16 planned maintenance:
a) Tests of mesoscale domains not being available for NWS use
- 1500 UTC today,
- 1900 UTC today - 0300 UTC tomorrow, 8 hours,
b) Continuous full-disk test
- 0315 tomorrow (11:15 pm EDT today) - 1915 UTC (3:15 pm EDT) Saturday, 40
- 1211-1226 UTC (event1) 1558-1614 UTC (event2) 1858-1914 UTC (event3) today
c) Outage of GOES-16 ABI products and their delivery for solar calibration
[VNIR calibration] and desert monitoring. Note: the times of these events
may change due to spacecraft activities.
1. On March 7, ECMWF started disseminating medium-range probabilistic
forecasts to its users 40 minutes earlier than before. NHC has requested
that the ECMWF ensemble jobs run on WCOSS be moved up correspondingly to
enable them to use the latest ensemble run a cycle earlier in their
forecast process. The output of these jobs is not disseminated to the
public (NHC is the only user outside of NCEP). To be implemented on
Tuesday, April 25 at 1930Z (3:30 pm EDT).
2. Implement N-AWIPS v7.4.0. This includes: updated NHC cone radii for
2017, NHC updates for 2017 (bug fixes, seasonal updates); fixed missing 2nd
tier marine zone; SFMAP performance improvement; fixed PROB2CAT bugs that
occurs while composing convective outlook and when lines are drawn outside
the international boundaries; bug fix in the ensemble diagnostic function
(ENS_CVAL); and other changes. A full list of changes will be provided upon
request. To be implemented on Tuesday, April 25 at 1200Z (8 am EDT).
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts