[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] HSU Shift Log -- Technical Edition -- Wed Apr 19, 2017

HSU Shift Log nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Wed Apr 19 07:16:24 UTC 2017

HSU Shift Log for Wed Apr 19 2017 03:16:19 GMT-0400 (EDT)

Shift: A

Forecaster: SR Stewart

Technical Issues Summary:

ATCF issues: Possible bug in ATCF HWRF/GFDL compute CARQ. The 06Z CARQ had
to be sent twice for SDM to receive it; same thing happened at 00Z.
However, SDM thought that he might have just tried to view the 00Z CARQ in
system too soon after I had submitted it. We waited 15 minutes after 06Z
CARQ was initially sent, but CARQ still had not shown up when I called the
SDM. Re-sent 06Z CARQ the second time and SDM received it immediately.
Perhaps CARQ is getting stuck in que at NHC? Otherwise, no problems with
retrieving the 00Z and 06Z AIDS guidance.

N-AWIPS issues: None.

AWIPS-2/NCP issues: None.

Other Techincal issues: None.

Miscellaneous issues: Web link to UW-CIMSS special AMSU cross-sections is:
http://tropic.ssec.wisc.edu/real-time/amsu/archive/2017/201791L.html
Created invest 91L PPT with AMSU cross-sections and saved file on Atlantic
PC Desktop.