[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TSB Morning Rounds - Tue Apr 18, 2017
nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Tue Apr 18 14:55:04 UTC 2017
Here is today's summary of NHC computer operations:
1. TSB Developer Matt Sardi investigatied the problem of missing radar
imagery in N-AWIPS and discovered multiple symbolic links and disk mounts
(in /etc/auto.direct) missing on 5 operational Linux workstations in TAFB
(cumulus, starfish, ballyho, shiner, grunt) and 5 operational workstations
in HSU (sawfish, ridges, tilefish, hurrback, bonefish). He submitted an
URGENT NCO helpdesk ticket to get them reestablished. NCO Linux Sysadmin
Brian Maher fixed the problems and restored access to the data. TAFB
forecasters report that all data is now available in N-AWIPS.
2. TAFB forecasters at the Surface Analysis desk are continuing to use
Sheephead and New Crappie until the Cumulus workstation is stablilized by
NCO after the RHEL 6 upgrade.
1. A P-Surge test was run for fake storm AL802017 at 1030 am EDT (1430Z)
1. The cause of yesterday's network outage was a switch upgrade (network
traffic moved from router NCOCR1 to NCOCR2) in College Park's Data Center
and a subsequent failure of multiple DNS servers as part of RFC #3039.
Dataflow was interrupted at many national centers as well as Environment
Canada. Original estimate of impact was 30-60 seconds; work on lingering
problems continues this morning.
1. RFC #3189 - Make changes to IP tables on the NHC systems on the 112
VLAN. An NHC user has requested SSH Access from the nhcgis.ncep.noaa.gov
and nhcgisdev.ncep.noaa.gov systems to the 176 VLAN. To be implemented on
Tuesday, April 18 at 1600Z (noon EDT).
2. RFC #3192 - Make a change to allow user atcf-ops to transfer files from
NHC's new ATCF server (atcfsvr3) to the Opah data server via SSH. To be
implemented on Wednesday, April 19 at 1400Z (10 am EDT).
3. RFC #3153 - Move the NCEP network traffic from the global routing table
to the NCEP VRF (virtual routing and forwarding) instance. This is the last
step to allow NCO to route oneNWSnet (WFO) traffic between Boulder/College
Park to Reston/Orlando and exchange routes with existing networks (legacy
opsnet). Originally scheduled for Tuesday, April 11 at 1100Z (7 am EDT),
postponed indefinitely (TBD).
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts