[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TSB Morning Rounds - Fri Apr 14, 2017

TSB Admin nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Fri Apr 14 15:32:47 UTC 2017

--- Mark

The cumulus workstation did not come up after a reboot this morning. Dave
worked with NCO to bring it back up, which required having NCO reload the
video drivers. However, it was very unstable when it came back up. Dave
worked more with NCO and it turns out that reloading the drivers caused the
system to revert to 24 bit, which was inconsistent with the the 8 bit
configuration. That was changed back to 8 bit and cumulus is stable again.

Issues remain on other TAFB workstations. We are continuing to work with
NCO on those. Remember that you can call the SDM during off hours if you
have a problem that is interfering with your ability to generate products.
Also, the HSU backup desk is still available if needed.

Dave modified the GFS processing so that the NAWIPS files are generated
locally. The GFS now now arrives 20 to 80 min earlier, depending on the
forecast cycle. We will keep this new capability even after NCO upgrades
our WAN speed in late May.