[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TSB Morning Rounds - Thu Apr 13, 2017

Matthew Sardi - NOAA Federal matthew.sardi at noaa.gov
Thu Apr 13 17:15:39 UTC 2017

All,

For the record, when I did a check of the FVWM rpm version on the HSU boxes
last week, all were still 2.4.15 except for ridges. Apparently the FVWM rpm
was updated either manually or via automatic patching since then.

We don't care what version of FVWM is used, what we need a working
configuration that satisfies that operational needs of TAFB. We are not
there yet.

If Scott Stripling logged into HSU's hurrback/bonefish using a TAFB login,
then the software layer/environment should have been exactly the same on
the HSU vs. TAFB side when he loaded his SPFs and did his testing. This
suggests that there is a system hardware or configuration issue that
accounts for the discrepancies noted. NCO needs to identify and resolve the
cause of these SPF and PG Palette issues on the TAFB side.

Thank you,

Matt

Matthew Sardi
Meteorologist/Programmer