[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TSB Morning Rounds - Mon Apr 10, 2017

Matthew Sardi - NOAA Federal matthew.sardi at noaa.gov
Mon Apr 10 19:26:00 UTC 2017

All,

TAFB Update:

>> There were many N-AWIPS issues over the weekend due to RHEL6 upgrade.
Matt Sardi has created a tracking spreadsheet and we are working through
them with NCO. We were able to keep sheephead on RHEL5 since we were able
to convert that to a server, so you should have a reliable backup as we
work through the remaining problems. Please continue to report issues
through the TAFB shift log.

FYI, the tafbsam (situational awareness) login issue should fixed. Also,
Brian is working on turning off the screensaver on the N-AWIPS workstations.

>> When logging into LX6 as user jlewitsk several ERROR GNOME windows came
up. After dismissing them, anytime a window is minimized (text editor, GFE,
D2D, firefox, terminal, etc.) they "disappeared" and were not able to be
called up again. Matt Sardi will look into this problem since Chris Mello
is on leave this week.

There is an open NCF ticket on this, TT #128688. I have updated Qinglu Lin,
the ASM person assigned this ticket, on the latest problems Jeff had last
night.

Thanks,

Matt

Matthew Sardi