[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TSB Morning Rounds - Mon Apr 10, 2017

TSB Admin nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Mon Apr 10 16:49:32 UTC 2017

--- Mark

There were many N-AWIPS issues over the weekend due to RHEL6 upgrade. Matt
Sardi has created a tracking spreadsheet and we are working through them
with NCO. We were able to keep sheephead on RHEL5 since we were able to
convert that to a server, so you should have a reliable backup as we work
through the remaining problems. Please continue to report issues through
the TAFB shift log.

When logging into LX6 as user jlewitsk several ERROR GNOME windows came up.
After dismissing them, anytime a window is minimized (text editor, GFE,
D2D, firefox, terminal, etc.) they "disappeared" and were not able to be
called up again. Matt Sardi will look into this problem since Chris Mello
is on leave this week.

The keyboard stand on LX3 is broken. Mark will follow up with NCO to get a
replacement.

The GFS continues to download slowly, especially at 12 UTC. NCO is
scheduled to increase our bandwidth by the end of May, we suspect that the
slow download might not be directly related to the overall network speed.
Mark will coordinate with NCO to investigate this again.
NHC RFCs:
Four NHC RFC's (223-226) will be implemented this week. Three are related
to tropical cyclone graphics scripts and one is for the 2017 ATCF
implementation.

NCO is doing some network modifications (NCO RFC 3153) starting Tuesday
morning at 11 UTC. This should be transparent to NHC, but TSB will keep an
eye on this just in case.