[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TSB Morning Rounds - Fri Sep 23, 2016

TSB Admin nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Fri Sep 23 14:20:02 UTC 2016

--- Craig Mattocks

1. The swell formatter in GFE did not work for the East Pacific offshores
product. TSB will investigate. TAFB forecasters are reminded to use the
default formatter when this non-baseline application fails.
HSU:
1. The cone graphic for TS Karl didn't update on the 2 pm intermediate
advisory issued by WPC. Dave Zelinsky discovered the script was failing due
to the "ISSUED BY NWS WEATHER PREDICTION CENTER COLLEGE PARK MD" line in
the header. Dave removed the extra header line in our local version of the
TCP (public advisory) in ${ATCFDATA}/pub and re-ran the cone graphic
successfully.
Other items:
1. Socket server data delivery issues have continued since 14:48 UTC on
09/21/16 due to intermittent failures of the virtual server
(vm-lnx-socket-send1a.ncep.noaa.gov) at NWS CP (Office of Central
Processing).

2. The 24-hour parallel production test on the Gyre and Surge WCOSS
supercomputing clusters has concluded successfully. Gyre has been released
to developers but NCO is keeping Surge (the Cray in Orlando) in test mode
to conduct dedicated I/O load testing for several hours today.