[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] HSU Shift Log -- Technical Edition -- Tue Sep 20, 2016

HSU Shift Log nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Tue Sep 20 09:31:08 UTC 2016

HSU Shift Log for Tue Sep 20 2016 05:31:02 GMT-0400 (EDT)

Shift: A

Forecaster: T Kimberlain

Technical Issues Summary:

ATCF issues: Some of the microwave data not updating in a timely fashion to
use for fixing best track in real time.

N-AWIPS/AWIPS2 issues: UKMET did not update in N-AWIPS. Called SDM, and
they were able to visualize the model fields in N-AWIPS there. Must be a
data flow issue on our end?

Other Techincal issues: FNMOC page has been updating erratically.
Sometimes, for example, TD 13 is on the page. We'll check again and then
it's gone. Very unreliable. ASCAT data have also been erratic. Large swath
of data missed earlier yesterday evening (eg, over Karl). Luckily, they
were available at the FNMOC site. When the data did arrive, often a long
delay. No HCCA available. :( We tried to retrieve it multiple times for
each active cyclone but to no avail.