[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TAFB Shift Log -- Technical Edition -- Sat Oct 22, 2016

TAFB Shift Log nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Sun Oct 23 03:04:42 UTC 2016

TAFB Shift Log for Sat Oct 22 2016 23:04:37 GMT-0400 (EDT)

Shift: Swing Shift

Pacific Forecaster: G Rubio

Atlantic Forecaster: A Levine

Surface Analyst: M Tichacek

Technical Issues Summary:

GFE/NCP issues: a problem occurred with the 23/0000 utc map analysis file.
i called up the HFO analysis and the OPC analysis as background maps on my
analysis, just in order to see if the files were ready and available, in
order to be able to run the CLIP commands, and to append the files to my
analysis. i noticed that about 2/3 of the eastern mainland USA analysis
(done by the HPC person) was not showing up on my screen as a background
display. i also noticed that my analysis all of a sudden was consisting of
double lines and double everything. i was able to erase the "top tier
analysis". the "bottom tier" was not able to be erased. an example is that
an isobar that i wanted to erase just was frozen on the screen. the OPC
meteorologist called in order to tell us that the OPC analyses were
available for clipping. i explained to him what was happening on our end.
he checked everything on the OPC end, and he saw no problems. the eastern
2/3 of the north american surface analysis was showing up on his screen.
Andrew Levine and i saved everything that i had done, and we simply closed
the screen, and we started over again. whatever was problematic with my
analysis file eventually fixed itself after closing the screen, etc. i was
able to see the complete OPC file, with the entire north american surface
analysis. i had to re-do some of the isobars that i had put on my map
originally. a few of them had been erased, somehow. i ended up losing
probably 30 minutes of time trying to correct and fix whatever had become
messed up with the files. mike tichacek

N-AWIPS issues:

Other issues:

Miscellaneous issues: