[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] HSU Shift Log -- Technical Edition -- Fri Oct 07, 2016

HSU Shift Log nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Fri Oct 7 09:35:04 UTC 2016

HSU Shift Log for Fri Oct 07 2016 05:35:01 GMT-0400 (EDT)

Shift: A

Forecaster: R Berg

Technical Issues Summary:

ATCF issues: ATCF still a little slow with Matthew despite the purge of the
decks.

N-AWIPS/AWIPS2 issues: N-AWIPS Doppler velocity data is still being
displayed at HALF the actual velocity values displayed in AWIPS and on the
NOAA Doppler radar web pages.

Other Techincal issues: NHC (and other NCEP) websites were intermittently
unavailable for about 4 hours between 11 pm and 3 am due issues at the WOC.
During that time, we tweeted NHC text products from
http://w1.weather.gov/data/NHC/xxxxxx (thanks, Mike!) as well as some of
the graphical products saved from our internal site. We also tweeted out
the SDM Administrative message to update external users on the connectivity
issues, and we put an NHC Special Message at the top of the webpage.

Miscellaneous issues: WFO Melbourne issued the first Extreme Wind Warning
(EWW) for the Cape Canaveral peninsula after a gust to 100 mph occurred at
0918Z/0518 AM EDT.