[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] HSU Shift Log -- Technical Edition -- Fri Nov 25, 2016

HSU Shift Log nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Sat Nov 26 03:13:05 UTC 2016

HSU Shift Log for Fri Nov 25 2016 03:46:07 GMT-0500 (EST)

Shift: A

Forecaster: M Brennan

Technical Issues Summary:

ATCF issues: Atlantic version of Otto was copied to AL56 before 06Z. The
renumbering of AL16 to EP22 in the ATCF GUI did not work - I got an error
saying that EP22 already existed (which it did not). As a workaround, I
started EP22 as a new storm, and then manually copied the decks and
renumbered them manually.

N-AWIPS issues: We're unable to view surface observations in NWX on the
ridges workstation. When you try and select a station you get the following
error: "ERROR scanning directory '/ldm2/decorders/hrly'. See system
administrator" When you try and cd to $OBS on ridges, /ldm2 is not mounted.

AWIPS-2/NCP issues:

Other Techincal issues: Satellite data were not available for the 06Z SHIPS
run for Otto as EP22. Perhaps it is too far east at 86.4W? Pacific basin
web products showed up fine for Otto at 09Z. I manually removed the Otto
Atlantic products from the web using the mouse menu on the NAWIPS
workstations.

Miscellaneous issues: