[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TSB Morning Rounds - Mon Nov 07, 2016
nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Mon Nov 7 15:02:23 UTC 2016
Here is today's summary of NHC computer operations:
--- Craig Mattocks
1. TAFB forecasters had difficulties accessing the Grunt workstation so
they called the SDM. An NCO SysAdmin diagnosed the problem as a local
hardware failure. Reseating the USB cables in the back of the machine
restored grunt to full functionality.
2. N-AWIPS issues: Error messages "failure to send to FTP Gate" continue to
appear in all N-AWIPS launch scripts for all TAFB products. Matt Sardi will
look into turning off this old, secondary connection in all send scripts.
1. The times in the TWO (tropical weather outlook) products had to be
entered by hand due to a known bug in the perl script when the time "falls
back" from Daylight Savings Time to EST.
1. RFC #208 - ldm_ensure v1.1.0 - Copy the 'ldm_ensure' script from
dbn2.nhc.noaa.gov to logger.nhc.noaa.gov. This script has 2 primary checks
for the ldm. Only the first check (that the ldm is running and processing
files) applies to logger, so the second (specific to NOAAports or upstream
other upstream ldms) will be commented out. To be implemented on Monday
November 7 at 1200Z (7 am EST).
2. RFC #209 gempak/NAWIPS v7.2.0 - Update $NCSITE/datatype.tbl and
miscset.tbl tables to display ASCATD High Resolution data on operational N-
AWIPS systems. Data are currently being ingested via DBNet. To be
implemented on Tuesday, November 8 at 1600Z (11 am EST).
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts