[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TSB Morning Rounds - Fri May 28, 2016

Mark DeMaria - NOAA Federal mark.demaria at noaa.gov
Fri May 27 19:35:06 UTC 2016

The problem with the RII in SHIPS is related to a bug fix in the IR
satellite data processes that didn't make it into the new SHIPS code that
was delivered to NCO as part of the GFS implementation on  May 10th. The
RII uses three IR images (the closest to t=0, t=-1.5 hr and t=-3.0 hr) to
make sure it has at least one, but with the bug, it is only using t=0,
which is not always available when SHIPS is run. I will work with NCO on
fixing the bug. The RII works in ECMWF-SHIPS because that is being run by
NHC, which does include the bug fix.

Mark