[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TAFB Shift Log -- Techincal Edition -- Mon Mar 28 2016 14:43:03 GMT-0400 (EDT)

TAFB Shift Log nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Mon Mar 28 18:43:10 UTC 2016

TAFB Shift Log for Mon Mar 28 2016 14:43:03 GMT-0400 (EDT)

Shift: Day Shift

Pacific Forecaster: M Huffman

Atlantic Forecaster: S Stripling

Surface Analyst: E Rivera-Acevedo

Technical Issues Summary:

GFE/NCP issues: AWIPS2 upgrade was temporarily postponed at 7 AM as OPC
called and informed us that their staff was short due to sick leave. After
discussion for 15-20 min internally, DeMaria decided that the upgrade could
go on and should be short (1.5-3 hrs). I called OPC to inform them of this
and that we would do upgrade without their backup support. SH of HFO called
around 7 AM to coordinate backup of EPAC responsibilities. Upgrade went
smoothly, although we did notice the "model blend TAFB" scripts did not
work afterwards, and CM had to come up with a solution to get us through
the shift. See TSB morning rounds email thread for more info.

N-AWIPS issues:

Other issues: