[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TAFB Shift Log -- Techincal Edition -- Fri Mar 18 2016 13:12:21 GMT-0400 (EDT)

Christopher Mello - NOAA Federal christopher.mello at noaa.gov
Sat Mar 19 19:32:07 UTC 2016

Jessica,
The caveData directory gets synced or created up every-time you launch cave
to the Pacific or Atlantic SITE level domain for most users. So deleting
caveData almost always solves user log in problems.

 It is unusual for forecaster's caveData to get corrupted, but it does
occur. Computer memory issues, an unclean log out or bad GFE points can
create such issues. If the caveData directory is removed, it will get
recreated the next time the user launches CAVE. However, there are a few
minor steps the administrator  does in the background the first time the
CAVE and GFE is launched after the directory is recreated. I will add the
steps to the wiki...

  Regardless...NCF can readily fix this problem 24/7 with a phone call..

Chris