[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TSB Morning Rounds - Tue Jul 19, 2016
nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Tue Jul 19 14:39:39 UTC 2016
Here is today's summary of NHC computer operations:
--- Craig Mattocksi
1. The alarm sound file that accompanies the rainfall reminder was set to
open in Notepad by default. TSB developer Dave Zelinsky changed the default
launching app back to Windows Media Player.
2. A compressor or fan in the water fountain on the west side of the
building is running continuously. NHC Administrator Officer Jann Perez will
3. Reported on July 12: Is the security camera monitor in TAFB down? NHC
Administrator Officer Jann Perez will investigate.
1. ATCF issues: TAFB fixes are still not importing in a timely fashion (the
00Z fix came in at 01Z.) This is important because for invest cases, if the
fixes aren't in the decks at the time the guidance is run, the TCGI
(Tropical Cyclone Genesis Index) guidance will fail. ATCF dataflow expert
Monica Bozeman will investigate.
1. Due to late-arriving files and saturated incoming bandwidth, an
accelerated RFC was submitted to convert the HWRF output files from GRIB2
to GEMPAK format locally to make the fields available sooner in N-AWIPS.
TSB developer Dave Zelinsky obtained GRIB2 -> GEMPAK conversion scripts
from NCO, then modified and implemented them on NHC's DBNet servers. The
HWRF GEMPAK fields are now available about an hour earlier than they were
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts