[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] HSU Shift Log -- Technical Edition -- Mon Jul 18, 2016

HSU Shift Log nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Mon Jul 18 19:42:23 UTC 2016

HSU Shift Log for Mon Jul 18 2016 05:34:01 GMT-0400 (EDT)

Shift: A

Forecaster: J Cangialosi

Technical Issues Summary:

ATCF issues: None

N-AWIPS/AWIPS2 issues: None

Other Techincal issues: Had some trouble with the Graphical Tropical
Weather Outlook. When reordering the disturbances (putting the higher
probability disturbance as #1 and lower probability disturbance as # 2) the
script failed prompting that an 'X' was missing in disturbance 1 (formerly
disturbance 2). Problem is that I did not want an X to be attached to
disturbance 1, meaning that I did not want to indicate where the system was
currently located. The only way we got the program to send was to add an X
to that disturbance. I have reordered systems many times in the past and
this is the first time I encountered this problem. Sorry if this message is
unclear, it is difficult to communicate this in writing.