[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TSB Morning Rounds - Wed Jul 06, 2016
nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Wed Jul 6 15:49:45 UTC 2016
Here is today's summary of NHC computer operations:
--- Craig Mattocks
1. N-AWIPS/AWIPS-2: Update on METEOSAT pseudo-color satellite products not
ingesting. NHC receives the GEOColor satellite imagery from CIRA, which has
been dealing with server problems. There was also a NESDIS/STAR outage for
Himawari data starting at 00 UTC yesterday, which was resolved at 14 UTC.
2. GFE/NCP: Update on the limited availability of Altika/Cryosat
(altimetry) data. Senior Hurricane Specialist Mike Brennan discovered that
there was a data outage on the NESDIS/STAR ftp server, from which NHC pulls
3. ATCF: TAFB forecasters have noticed glitches and missing data when
launching the "safe mode" version of the ATCF on grunt, which runs on
atcfsvr2. Sometimes launching the ATCF causes corruption in the display of
other applications (eg, NMAP). These problems seem to be
workstation-specific; they cannot be replicated on cumulus. They might be
caused by a lack of video memory available or too many graphics-intensive
applications running on a particular workstation. TSB Team ATCF is
1. ATCF: Update on sluggishness of the Pacific desk ATCF workstation. NCO
Linux Sysadmins Brian Maher and Shawn Gindhart have corrected a problem
with a missing ~/.Xauthority file and will back the kernel down from
release 642 to 573. Eventually the workstation will be upgraded from the
RHEL 6.7 to RHEL 6.8 operating system.
2. ATCF: Update on incorrect timezones on ATCF workstations. NCO Linux
Sysadmins Brian Maher and Shawn Gindhart have changed the timezone to UTC
on the Pacific desk ATCF workstation, but it remains set to EDT at the
Atlantic desk. The ~/.Xauthority file is still missing from the atcf-ops
account on the Atlantic workstation.
3. ATCF: Update on delayed import of Dvorak fixes. ATCF dataflow expert
Monica Bozeman will parallelize the fix staging script so it processes
multiple basins simultaneously, instead of waiting for each basin to be
processed in sequential fashion. This should result in more timely fix
4. LDM: The TWO text products are not updating regularly in NWX. (For
example, the latest TWOAT is from 18Z Tuesday, but the TWOEP is up to
date.) TSB Developers Matt Sardi and Dave Zelinsky will check the LDM feed
into $TEXT_DATA and $TEXT_DATA2.
1. NOAA Environmental Satellite Processing Center (ESPC) firewall partner
zone network maintenance is scheduled from 1400 to 1800 Z today. Incoming
and outgoing data for ESPC products for NCEP, NAVO, FNMOC and AFWA data
connections will be impacted. Only brief periods of intermittent
connectivity loss is expected.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts