[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TSB Morning Rounds - Mon Jan 4, 2016

Mark DeMaria - NOAA Federal mark.demaria at noaa.gov
Mon Jan 4 12:55:02 UTC 2016

Here is today's update on NHC's computer operations.

Mark

-----
TAFB:

1. The N-AWIPS on the standing desk behind the TAFB Atlantic desk is now
working, except for submitting products to ftp-gate. We will investigate
whether that is still needed. If so, we will continue to work with NCO to
troubleshoot. Once that is resolved, TSB will work on getting an N-AWIPS
workstation at the other TAFB standing desk.

2. Martin Nelson reported that the swell formatter in GFE for NT3 products
failed. This is a non-baseline application that is currently not supported
by TSB. TAFB forecasters are reminded to use the default formatter when
this application fails. We will need to wait until the developer has time
to work with us to troubleshoot the non-baseline version.

HSU:

None.

'
Other Issues:

The Kantech server for the NHC entry system went down over the weekend. An
NCO helpdesk ticket has been submitted to resolve that problem.