[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TSB Morning Rounds - Thu Feb 25, 2016

Matthew Sardi - NOAA Federal matthew.sardi at noaa.gov
Thu Feb 25 18:08:57 UTC 2016

NHC et al,

FYI, this IT security warning was posted on the NWSEO Facebook page
yesterday:

<snip>
Ransomware virus going through NWS. Do not open any files of unknown
origin. The infamous email is from the sender "admin" about scanned image
pdf. Other infamous senders are from: copier and scanner. Just checkbox the
email; click the Folder at the top; and select Spam. It will move it to
your Spam folder.
</snip>

Figured I would pass it along. Haven't seen any official NWS/NOAA email
traffic about this.

Matt

Matthew Sardi
Meteorologist/Programmer