[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TSB Morning Rounds - Tue Feb 9, 2016

Mark DeMaria - NOAA Federal mark.demaria at noaa.gov
Tue Feb 9 13:03:47 UTC 2016

Here is a summary of today's computer operations.

Mark

-----

TAFB:

TSB is continuing to work with NCO on getting ftp access from the debout
standing desk N-AWIPS system.

HSU:

No new issues.

Other:

The roofing contractors will disconnect the AWIPS SBN antenna cable for
about an hour starting at 2:30 PM today. This was originally scheduled for
8:30 AM, but they had to reschedule. This was coordinated with TAFB and the
WFO. The WFO only uses this as a back up, so they should not see any
impact. For TAFB, this will not bring AWIPS or N-AWIPS down, but we might
lose some surface observations during that time. We do get the surface obs
via a different route, but we are not sure if the feeds are identical. The
SBN antenna is not used to send any products out, so we won't lose that
capability.